Chapter 64: Mutual Loss and Gain
Chapter 64: Mutual Loss and Gain
SECTION 1: Disbelievers Warned
In the name of God,
Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. Whatever is in the heavens and on earth, does declare the Praises and Glory of God: to Him belongs dominion, and to Him belongs praise: and He has power over all things. 2. It is He Who has created you; and of you are some that are Unbelievers, and some that are Believers: and God sees well all that you do. 3. He has created the heavens and the earth in just proportions, and has given you shape, and made your shapes beautiful: and to Him is the final Goal. 4. He knows what is in the heavens and on earth; and He knows what you conceal and what you reveal: indeed, God knows well the (secrets) of (all) hearts.
5. Has not the story reached you, of those who rejected Faith aforetime? So they tasted the evil result of their conduct; and they had a grievous Penalty. 6. That was because there came to them messengers with clear Signs, but they said: “Shall (mere) human beings direct us?” So they rejected (the Message) and turned away. But God can do without (them): and God is free of all needs, Worthy of all praise.
7. The Unbelievers think that they will not be raised up (for Judgement). Say: “Indeed, by my Lord, you shall surely be raised up: then shall you be told (the truth) of all that you did. And that is easy for God.” 8. Believe, therefore, in God and His Messenger, and in the Light which We have sent down. And God is well acquainted with all that you do. 9. The Day that He assembles you (all) for a Day of Assembly, — that will be a Day of mutual loss and gain (among you), and those who believe in God and work righteousness — He will remove from them their ills, and He will admit them to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, to dwell therein forever: that will be the supreme Achievement. 10. But those who reject Faith and treat Our Signs as falsehoods, they will be Companions of the Fire, to dwell therein forever: and evil is that Goal.
He knows what is in the heavens and on earth; and He knows what you conceal and what you reveal: indeed, God knows well the (secrets) of (all) hearts. (64:4)
SECTION 2: An Exhortation
11. No kind of calamity can occur, except by the leave of God: and if anyone believes in God, (God) guides his heart (aright): for God knows all things. 12. So obey God, and obey His Messenger: but if you turn back, the duty of Our Messenger is but to proclaim (the Message) clearly and openly. 13. God! There is no god but He: and on God, therefore, let the Believers put their trust.
14. O you who believe! Truly, among your wives and your children are (some that are) enemies to yourselves: so beware of them! But if you forgive and overlook, and cover up (their faults), verily God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. 15. Your riches and your children may be but a trial: but in the Presence of God, is the highest Reward.
16. So fear God as much as you can; listen and obey; and spend in charity for the benefit of your own soul. And those saved from the covetousness of their own souls, — they are the ones that achieve prosperity. 17. If you loan to God, a beautiful loan, He will double it to your (credit), and He will grant you Forgiveness: for God is Most Ready to appreciate (service), Most Forbearing, — 18. Knower of what is hidden and what is open, Exalted in Might, Full of Wisdom.
No kind of calamity can occur, except by the leave of God: and if anyone believes in God, (God) guides his heart (aright): for God knows all things. (64:11)