Chapter 87: The Most High
In the name of God,
Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. Glorify the name of your Guardian-Lord Most High, 2. Who has created, and further, given order and proportion; 3. Who has ordained laws. And granted guidance; 4. And Who brings out the (green and luscious) pasture, 5. And then does make it (but) swarthy stubble.
6. By degrees shall We teach you to declare (the Message), so you shall not forget, 7. Except as God wills: for He knows what is manifest and what is hidden.
8. And We will make it easy for you (to follow) the simple (Path). 9. Therefore give admonition in case the admonition profits (the hearer). 10. The admonition will be received by those who fear (God): 11. But it will be avoided by those most unfortunate ones, 12. Who will enter the Great Fire, 13. In which they will then neither die nor live.
14. But those will prosper who purify themselves, 15. And glorify the name of their Guardian-Lord, and (lift their hearts) in prayer.
16. No (behold), you prefer the life of this world; 17. But the Hereafter is better and more enduring.
18. And this is in the Books of the earliest (Revelations), — 19. The Books of Abraham and Moses.